CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Truth Is Out There......

So seriously what I'm about to tell is completely true and can be backed up by one Roy Cornett. I have no explanation of the events other than it had to be a crazy ass slumber party, it had to be....right Roy?

One night Roy told his mom he was going to be staying at my house which was nothing unusual being we all slept at each other's places here and there. Most the time it was all of us staying at Greg Berry's because his mom was cool, or lenient depending on your point of view. I honestly cannot remember what we did this evening other than we snuck out of the house. Again this was not abnormal as we spent numerous night sneaking out and doing any number of fun/mischievous things. Our house was a 2 story house the had a half basement and a full basement. In the half basement there was a 2nd living room and a bedroom with its own master bath, a laundry room, and a door where the stairs led down to the basement. The windows on the half basement level all were ground hence if you opened one you climbed up it to be on the ground. I was lucky in early high school to acquire the room downstairs with the bathroom. I removed the screen on the bathroom window for easy access to sneaking out the back of the house and this is how Roy and I got back that night, how we got back in I really don't know.

We had to of gone out and done something over at either Jason's or Greg's that night because we were returning home from the old section when the most fucked up thing I can ever remember happened. Myself and Roy lived in the newer section which is located closer to Lancelot neighborhood while the old section is located closer to Midway. Anyways the older section back road ended in a gravel circle and there was a path in the grass that led past the last house on that side which you could traverse between the two neighborhoods. I'm not gonna lie when you''re a young kid this was pretty creepy as you'd have to travel about a mile or two past an old junk yard and lake with pretty much no light source to get between the two neighborhoods. I can remember many nights pedaling my bicycle as fast as I could to get home, specially after watching a scary movie at someone elses house. Sometimes you'd be going home at like 3 or 4 a.m. and there'd be a fog coming off the lake, not fun!

Well this fateful evening it was a perfectly quiet, clear night around 2:30 or 3 a.m. when Roy and I were walking down the old neighborhood back road heading home. We got to the path right past the final house which was a nice little one story home that an elder couple lived in. In the backyard they had a satellite dish and a garden and the drive went down the side of the house and turned right into the garage. This couple had no children that I, nor anyone else remembers. As Roy and I took our first steps down the path we heard the garage door start to open. Now we weren't doing any bad, this time, but as was protocol when grown-ups might see us....you hide. We both ran a small ways into the field to the left, the house being on our right, and jumped into the tall grass to hide.

What happened next I have no real way to explain! The best I can say is that we heard about 20 midgets or children come out of the garage and run around the driveway. Now we were only about 40 yards away on a perfectly quiet night and could hear them perfectly except that I heard no coherent sentence uttered. I can best describe what we heard as gibberish and laughter. They were outside approximately 10-15 minutes then went back inside and the garage door closed. Roy and I looked at each other in bewilderment and the next thing I can remember is being home, in bed. As I have said before I cannot remember what we did that evening prior to said event, nor how we got back home or into the house. I have no explanation for the events that happened outside the house either.

The Truth Is Out There...........

1 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Roy told me this story years and years ago. It totally freaks me out to hear you tell it EXACTLY as he told me.